Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Tuesday's with Tiger: Treats for the Diabetic Cat
Posted by
Michelle
Tiger here. And I'm here to tell you that cats with feline diabetes do better on a low carb diets. That includes food and treats. Having carbs in your diet make controlling feline diabetes much more difficult. Food we have covered with the awesomeness of Wellness, but that's for another column. Treats, however, were a bit harder for my people to find and everyone and every cat enjoys a treat every now and again.
Here's what my people and, of course, I have found to be good treats for cats with feline diabetes. They give me bits of raw meat, like ground turkey and especially ground beef. Watch out for deli meat. It can be high in sodium. Then there's that yummy juice from the tuna can. As for high protein, low carb commercial treats for cats with feline diabetes, here are some we've found to be really good and readily available.
Halo Liv-A-Littles Cat Treats available at Petco and Amazon
Kitty Kavier at Amazon
Kitty Kissers also at Amazon
We, I mean I, like Halo best. They have beef and that's a favorite of mine.
Now, if you're not in the market for low carb diabetic cat friendly treats, deals abound. Here, or example, are some great deals on cat treats at Target right now. Oh, how I wish I could try some of that Friskies Party Mix!
Hartz Crunch ‘n Clean Cat Treats 3oz $1.99
Use $1.50/1 Hartz coupon from 6/6 SS
Total: ONLY $0.49!
Friskies Party Mix Cat Treats on price cut for $1.34
Use $1/1 Friskies coupon from 5/2 SS
Total: $0.34!
Now that's a lot of cat treats for a little scratch!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment